Tie-Dyed Milk Experiment
I love a good science experiment.
I love it even more when it's mess-free, has simple instructions, and the materials needed can be found in almost every home.
Why is this a cool experiment to try with your kids?
It teaches kids the effects of soap which comes in handy (no pun intended) during this pandemic! This experiment helps kids visualize how soap can break down the dirt from our hands and body, just like the soap breaks down the fat in the milk.
What you will need:
- Dish (somewhat deep)
- Food coloring (at least 2 colors)
- Cotton Swabs
- Milk (whole or 2% but must have some fat)
- Dish soap
- Pour milk in the dish.
- Place drops of different colors of food coloring towards the middle of the milk making sure they don't overlap each other.
- Dip the tip of the cotton swab in dish soap.
- Dip the soapy cotton swab in the middle of the milk.
- Watch the colors "magically" spread.